Sunday, January 6, 2013

Persecution is a Gorgeous Thing.

Persecute:
Verb
"to harass or punish in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict; specifically to cause to suffer because of BELIEF."(Websters)




There is a reason that I am not able to sleep at night. There is a reason that my stomach is churning at the moment. God has started to break my heart, and it's devastating to see the results.


Persecution is a gorgeous thing.


When I wasn't a mature Christian (I'm not saying I'm perfect now), I would let other people do the dirty work, and I would just stick with my label and use it as a "get out of jail free" card whenever I wanted. I honestly didn't care who knew Jesus or who didn't know Jesus, and I was completely okay with that. The moment at the end of the service when the Pastor mentioned going and telling others about Jesus, I was too busy zipping up my bible, closing my pen, and wondering what lunch is going to bring me within the hour. I would see my lost friends' statuses on facebook and respond in a "well, that stinks" kind of way whenever they were struggling or depressed when it was CLEAR that Jesus was saying "Hello! You know this would be a GREAT opportunity to tell this person about ME." But, I was stubborn.


If you ask God for something, don't be surprised when you get EXACTLY what you asked for.


It is literally impossible for me to not look at a facebook status that is completely bashing God's Creation or God in general and not want to vomit. There are numerous people going down the path MOST traveled by when the way to Righteousness with Christ is the opposite direction. We see God's Creation every single day and Instagram it, but are too comfortable to give the background of it. There are moments that I wish every non-believer had "God-moments" that I have and shake them and say "He will do this for YOU." It doesn't matter how low you've come from, or what all the "nastiness" in your life consists of, He still longs for you. He still thinks about you. He still has others pray about you that you would find Him. He's still your real Father. I will even be cliche and say if God can save me, He can save anyone.


I've never liked the answer "no", at all. It's probably because of how many times I was rejected by highly attractive women, but I didn't like being told that what I said or what I asked is not justifiable and will not happen. Now in life, I YEARN to be told no. If you tell someone about Christ, they will read it, and either the stubborn Enemy will respond, or a lot of questions will follow. Most of the time, the answer is no, and that is completely okay. That's not God saying, "ha! you think you can do that? think again". It's a blessing in disguise. Just the idea that you took the time to tell your friend or your enemy about God's unfailing love, is pleasing in God's eyes and He just wants you to plant the seed.



Don't kill the weeds and plant the seed, let God take care of the weeds.




In God's Word it says "But in your hearts, set apart Christ as Lord. ALWAYS be prepared to give an answer to EVERYONE who asks you to give the reason for the HOPE that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." (1 Peter 3:15)





There is Hope for everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord, there is Hope for the lost to turn to the Creator, there is Hope for the believer who is tired of Persecution, and there is Hope in Christ because Satan HAS BEEN defeated, even though he may seem apparent in the stubborn.




Father, I pray that in Your name, hearts of stone be melted. In Your name, the enemy be moved out of the stubborn hearts. In Your name, the blasphemous turn to believers. And Father, dare I say it, I pray for revival.


Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment