Friday, August 16, 2013

"Cyst"-E-Matic Grace

"Uh-Oh".

Those two words crunched into one aren't the most encouraging words to hear. 
There are certain places that you wouldn't want to hear this statement, at the top of that list would probably be the Doctor.

You especially wouldn't want to hear it followed by "this isn't good", and you definitely wouldn't want to hear that at the Doctor.

Well, you can probably guess that I heard this profound statement...at the Doctor.

God is able.

Mere days ago I walked into a Nose Doctor because I haven't been able to breathe through my nose, and I was expecting to hear "there's nothing wrong with you, quit freaking out" instead, I received news that would completely change the plans that I had for the next year.

God is always up to something. 

After several CT scans and a lengthy MRI, I systematically received news regarding my facial area that I would have never guessed could happen to me. 

First: one large cyst in my sinus cavity going pushing on my nose and squished against my eye socket.
Second: two pretty good sized cysts, including the cyst in my sinus cavity.
Third: three-four cysts (will be determined during surgery), one large cyst in my right sinus cavity as mentioned above, and two cysts resting on either side of my jaw bone, which has melted a chunk of my jaw bone on each side. And a deviated septum which is related to the cyst, which is why I can't breathe through my nose.

So, pretty much my face is messed up.

God is good.

There have been multiple things that I have learned throughout this whole experience, one big thing being humility, and how blessed we truly are to have people that care about us, specifically doctors, that want to provide top-notch medical care to us Americans simply because they care.

Another thing is that (in my case) I went through three plans;

Plan A: what I want
Plan B: what I will accept
Plan C: what God wants, and what happens

...doesn't that seem messed up? The God that brought me life, and blessed me with a citizenship in a free country, with medical facilities literally down the street...and all I have to offer is STILL plan C?


Thank you Father, for humility.

When the first doctor broke the news to me that I would be missing at least a semester of school, I was broken, confused, and scared. I thought to myself "i'm going to a private school, i'm going to use Your Word through my mouth so that people can come to know you, it's gonna be awesome, so why all of a sudden do I have this come up?"

I've never been so humbled, and felt so selfish.

The truth is I'm not a better person than anybody else and we are all fallen, broken, and immature human beings, and God's delay is not God's denial.

After visiting a second doctor, the news to me was that the surgery is urgent, but not emergent, but the surgery has to be done within the next year, with the risk being potential blindness in my right eye because of the cyst. The doctor then proceeded to say that the surgery needed to be done during Christmas break, and it required a 6-8 month recovery time. I cannot express to you the overwhelming sense of Grace that I experienced when my near future was explained to me by a doctor. 

God's plan and timing is pure perfection.


Will I miss some school? Yes. Is it the end of the world? Absolutely not. It is less than a grain of salt compared to the other problems in the world, and I have no right to complain, or sympathetically boast, about the trouble that has come into my life. Why? Because God has already overcome my trouble, along with every other human being to ever walk the face of the earth. 

The book of John says it best in chapter 16, in which I believe is the most beautiful foreshadowing statement in the history of mankind.

"I have said these things to you, that in ME you may have PEACE. In this world you WILL have troubles. But take heart! I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD."

If that doesn't make you want to jump up and down in praise and adoration, check your pulse, forreal. 

God is good, and I'm going to be okay.


I love every single one of you, let us pray together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment